Attorney-at-Law, Mediator SBA/SCCM, Executive MBA (UZH), CM&AA | Partner
After his admittance to the Bar in 1993, Balthasar Wicki worked with Hilti Group as a Corporate Legal Counsel and then took on managerial positions in market development at various large industrial companies in India, China and South-East Asia. When he returned from Asia in 2003, he was responsible for the successful repositioning of a major Swiss NGO/NPO and then, as CEO and co-investor (private equity financed), led a global industrial company through an existential crisis. He returned to work as an attorney in the field of company and commercial law in 2008.
Currently, Balthasar Wicki advises a large number of domestic and foreign SMEs, entrepreneurs and investors on corporate law and structuring issues primarily in the technology sector, but also in traditional industries. He also manages major restructuring and insolvency mandates in the international corporate environment and is responsible for complex negotiating mandates.
Who’s Who Legal 2016 mentioned Balthasar Wicki as one of Switzerland’s leading experts in the practice field «Insolvency & Restructuring». IR Global recommends Balthasar Wicki as the exclusive advisor in the field of Corporate Law in Switzerland.
As a business mediator and a board member, Balthasar Wicki is able to put his management experience to good use, especially in cross-cultural situations (India, China, South-East Asia, etc.).
Balthasar Wicki writes and negotiates in German, English and French, and he speaks and understands Italian.
Member of the Board of Directors of the following companies (selected)
- ANT-Informatik Ltd., Zurich (Chairman)
- Gonon Holding Ltd., Schleitheim (Chairman)
- Swisshaus Ltd., Lenzburg (Chairman)
- Bluebox Shop Ltd., Zurich
- Swiss and Zurich Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Swiss Management Association
- Swiss Institute for Board Members
- Swiss Chamber of Commercial Mediation
- Swiss-Chinese Chamber of Commerce
- The British-Swiss Chamber of Commerce
- Alliance of Mergers & Acquisition Advisors (AM&AA)